An introduction to Safeguarding for all Governors
Safeguarding Children is everybody’s responsibility and it is therefore recommended that all governors undertake basic training about safeguarding to ensure that they have the knowledge and information needed to help perform their functions and undertake their responsibilities effectively. This session will provide the basic awareness needed so that governors understand the importance of this area for Northamptonshire schools.
- To understand what is meant by safeguarding and child protection;
- To be aware of statutory requirements regarding safeguarding;
- To understand the responsibilities of the Governing Body with regard to child protection procedures and in promoting safeguarding within schools;
- To gain understanding of the role and responsibilities of the Headteacher, Designated Safeguarding Lead and other school staff with regard to these areas;
- To be aware of the role of the Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Board;
- To understand the importance of early help and interagency working.
Our training is led by Lesley Pollard, experienced local Safeguarding Trainer and member of NSCB Learning & Development Committee
Note: DSL courses cost £130.00 for non members. Inspire members receive 1 free place, and subsequent places booked will receive 20% discount.
Note: Half day updates for DSL’s are £90.00, 20% discount for Inspire members.
Note: All DSL’s must complete a full day refresher training every 2 years in line with statutory requirements. The half day updates do not replace this training. They are intended to help ‘update knowledge and skills at regular intervals, but at least annually‘ as required by ‘Keeping Children Safe 2016’.
Governor training is free for Inspire members or £25 per governor per course, for non-Inpsire members.
|Event Start Date||Tue, 02 Oct 2018 5:45 pm|
|Event End Date||Tue, 02 Oct 2018 8:00 pm|
|Individual Price||£25 or Free for Inspire members|
|School Info Page||http://inspireteachingschools.org/index.php/our-development-locations/168-hall-meadow-primary-school|
|Location||Hall Meadow Primary School|
Venue Information - Hall Meadow Primary School
Access & Parking
Information to follow