Designated Safeguarding Leads – Annual Update Half-Day Training Sessions
In keeping with recommendations from “Keeping Children Safe in Education,” this half-day update is offered as one way to help comply with the requirement for the DSL/Headteacher to: “update their knowledge and skills, at regular intervals, but at least annually”.
This half-day update DOES NOT replace the statutory two-year Refresher Training for Designated Safeguarding Leads.
- To update Headteachers/Designated Safeguarding Leads in their role and responsibilities with regard to Safeguarding;
- To consider the implication of any national and local changes with regard to Safeguarding and Child Protection in schools;
- To consider the learning for schools from local and national Serious Case Reviews;
- To consider any other current issues related to Safeguarding;
- To share examples of best practice
Note: DSL courses cost £130.00 for non members. Inspire members receive 1 free place, and subsequent places booked will receive 20% discount.
Note: Half day updates for DSL’s are £90.00, 20% discount for Inspire members.
Note: All DSL’s must complete a full day refresher training every 2 years in line with statutory requirements. The half day updates do not replace this training. They are intended to help ‘update knowledge and skills at regular intervals, but at least annually‘ as required by ‘Keeping Children Safe 2016’.
|Event Start Date||Mon, 08 Oct 2018 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||Mon, 08 Oct 2018 1:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Members receive 20% discount|
|School Info Page||http://inspireteachingschools.org/index.php/our-development-locations/166-inspire-development-centre|
|Location||Inspire Development Centre|