SGR2801190101 Refresher Designated Safeguarding Lead Training
This full day course meets the statutory requirements of the two-year Refresher Training for Designated Safeguarding Leads in schools.
As part of the arrangements which must be in place as required by S.175/S.157 of the Education Act 2002 and “Keeping Children Safe in Education” all schools must have a member of the leadership team as their Designated Safeguarding Lead.
This person must take lead responsibility for dealing with child protection issues, referring concerns of significant harm, providing advice and guidance to support all staff to carry out their safeguarding duties, overseeing the school provision of early help and liaising with other agencies as required.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead must receive training which gives them the knowledge and skills needed to fulfil their responsibilities and this training must be updated every two years. The course that we have planned meets these statutory requirements.
- To consider the implication of national and local changes with regard to Safeguarding and Child Protection in schools;
- To recap the role and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead in school;
- To consider the categories and possible indicators of the 4 categories of abuse and areas such as Grooming, FGM, CSE, Forced Marriage, So Called Honour Based
- Violence, Radicalisation and Extremism;
- To understand the impact of issues such as Domestic Violence, Peer-on-Peer Abuse and Mental Health problems on children/young people;
- To consider the learning for schools from local and national Serious Case Reviews;
- To identify the importance of interagency working from early help to referral;
- To demonstrate an understanding of the provision of early help and of the referral process;
- To consider best practice with regard to monitoring and reviewing all cases;
- To understand the requirements relating to keeping, transferring and archiving Child Protection records.
Our training is led by Lesley Pollard
Experienced local Safeguarding Trainer and member of NSCB Learning & Development Committee
Note: DSL courses cost £130.00 for non members. Inspire members receive 1 free place, and subsequent places booked will receive 20% discount.
Note: Half day updates for DSL’s are £90.00, 20% discount for Inspire members.
Note: All DSL’s must complete a full day refresher training every 2 years in line with statutory requirements. The half day updates do not replace this training. They are intended to help ‘update knowledge and skills at regular intervals, but at least annually‘ as required by ‘Keeping Children Safe 2016’.
Governor training is free for Inspire members or £25 per governor per course, for non-Inpsire members.
|Event Start Date||Mon, 28 Jan 2019 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||Mon, 28 Jan 2019 3:30 pm|
|School Info Page||http://inspireteachingschools.org/index.php/our-development-locations/169-holiday-inn-northampton|
|Location||Holiday Inn, Northampton|
Filling out Booking Forms
Please note that email addresses entered into booking requests must be the addresses of the attendees (not of the school head or bursar), to ensure that communication regarding confirmation, date change etc. is sent to the appropriate person. Only use the bursar/head address in reference to invoicing information.