The dangers of smoking are well documented. Smoking is linked to the following conditions:
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Cardiovascular (heart) disease
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Atherosclerosis (build- up of fatty substances in the arteries)
It can be very difficult for people to quit. The Smoking Cessation services can provide you or your school with free support to help.
Northamptonshire NHS Stop Smoking Service
Telephone: 0845 601 3116 (calls call 9p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge)
Or search for the service on Facebook
Free Services Offered
- NHS services to help staff stop smoking
- On site clinical services for your school
- Full service quit package
- Access to NHS stop smoking advisor
- Free materials to promote quitting options and signpost staff.
- Signposting to service outside the workplace